Tuesday 3 May 2011

E. Meinshausen-Felsing (continued)

E. Meinshausen - Felsing


German woodblock printmaker.




This week Katja left a comment on my posting about E. Meinshausen. A year later (May 25th, 2010) During the period of that year I have found some more prints and even was able to buy one or two, expanding my collection of this printmaker. The artist was her great-grandmother's sister in law. Hopefully Katja can reveal some more details on the life of E. Meinshausen because I haven't become any the wiser. In one year.
I show you the new examples of prints I found over the last year, they regularly show up in auctions. In Germany. But on most occasions I was to late to finding them. Especially this last one, the flower bouquet which I am very sorry to have missed. Maybe it'll show up another time and I'll be more lucky. Maybe someone recognizes it, who knows, and maybe he or she is in for a trade. Visit the first collection of prints by E. Meinshausen-Felsing on this Blog:

http://gerrie-thefriendlyghost.blogspot.com/2010/05/e-meinshausen-felsing.html

PS: this painting in oil by E. Meinshausen (below) now up for sale on Ebay.


No comments:

Post a Comment