Wednesday 12 October 2011

Clifton Karhu (1927-2007)


When I did some earlier postings on American-Japanese printmaker Clifton Kahru in December 2010 I could not foresee the following. 

Last week I received this friendly email from Paul Cerelsky making inquiries about his two Karhu prints after finding the Linosaurus postings.

But I am by no means an expert let alone have any specifique expertise on this kind of prints. But I like them very much. They are from his earlier and I think finest period of printmaking.
Paul, having lived in Japan for 40 years, and now disabled, is trying to find funds for buying a new means of transport allowing him to go outdoors. Sadly he is forced to decide selling these two prints that were given to him by the artist and friend Cliff in Japan in 1968.


I've agreed with Paul showing and sharing them here. Earlier posting on my favorite prints by Karhu has seen many visitors so maybe there's a Karhu collector out there appreciating this opportunity and great provenance of these prints.

Here's Pauls email adres: 

Paul CESELSKY: seikoc@msn.com



See these Links to my earlier postings on Clifton Karhu:


05-12-2010
07-12-2010
11-12-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment